Pages

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Magnificant Obsession

Obsessed: 
Preoccupy or fill the mind of someone or something continually, intrusively and to a troubling extent.

Food is all around me. I smell it, I hear it, I see it as its passes my neighbours lips. Its like an obsession, I  can't get away from it. My mind constantly plagues me about food. Do I have enough? What should I eat? What about later? What's for dinner? Tomorrow's breakfast? It takes me back to the days when I didn't care if I ate or not. I would go for hours and hours on very little and even nothing at all. Sometimes I would reach a euphoric zen-like peace of not even wanting food at all. It would scare me at times yet it felt good. I didn't care or obsess about food and eating like I do now, look how far I have fallen! I say fallen because fear is never an accomplishment. I was ruined.
A year ago I called this obsession, "foodie"..but now I realize that I'm not just a foodie. Sure I love food and I have opened my pallet to various flavours and food cultures over the years but I am more that...I'm obsessed. A true foodie, I think is one who appreciates food in all its glory but does not let it intrude on everyday living and most certainly does not result in fear if not consumed.





No comments:

Post a Comment